The Garmin Edge 540 GPS Computer helps you manage your efforts by providing power goals throughout a ride as well as endurance information, so you know how much energy you have left in the tank.
Ride longer with this solar-powered version and get superior accuracy in places where satellite reception may be difficult (dense forest cover, urban canyon, cliff face, etc.) thanks to multi-band GNSS technology. The Edge 540 Solar features a sunlight-readable, transflective MIP color display and control buttons that work in any environment. Whether you're riding on the road, trail, gravel or indoors, you can benefit from information and suggested daily workouts that will help you understand your strengths and weaknesses and prepare for upcoming races or your personal goals.
NEW GARMIN EDGE 540 SOLAR FEATURES:
- Solar charging: Power Glass™ sunscreen on Solar models extends battery life and gives you up to 32 hours of use in heavy mode or up to 60 hours in power saving mode* .
- Multi-band & GNSS: Find your way through the toughest environments with multi-band GNSS technology, which provides improved positioning accuracy.
- Targeted Adaptive Coaching: View suggested daily workouts and on-screen workout prompts; get personalized coaching that adapts¹ based on your current training load, recovery and upcoming events.
- Power Guide: Manage your efforts with the Power Guide feature, which recommends power targets throughout a course**.
- Real-Time Stamina: Get Stamina** insights as you ride so you can keep tabs on how long, how far you can go at the current pace.
- Cycling Level: Rank your strengths as a cyclist and compare your cycling level¹ to the demands of a specific course so you can focus your training and progress in the right areas.
- ClimbPro: See the drop and remaining grade during a climb so you can gauge your effort with the ClimbPro ascent planner, now available on every route, with no route required; view ascents on your Edge and in the Garmin Connect™ app on your smartphone.
*Assumes continuous conditions of 75,000 lux during daytime riding. **When your Edge device is paired with compatible sensors (sold separately).
- Improved Setup: Simplified setup and a streamlined interface make it quick and easy to access the information, courses, and tools you need and even edit data fields right from the Edge or from your compatible smartphone.
- Longer Range: Ride further, charge less. Up to 26 hours of battery life, even in intensive use, and up to 42 hours in energy saving mode***.
- Updated Mapping: Ride like a local, whatever your bike type, with enhanced, ride-type specific maps that highlight popular roads and trails, plus searchable points of interest. Change maps for free to other regions using Garmin Express™.
- Off-course recalculation: Feel free to pause route navigation and off-course notifications while you're off course if you want to explore. When you're ready to get back on your route, the Edge will show you the way. Incident Detection: Automatically send a message with your location**** to emergency contacts after an incident on or off the road for help when you need it most.
***Battery life may vary depending on usage.
**** When your Edge device is paired with your compatible smartphone. For safety and tracking feature requirements and limitations, see Garmin.com/safety.
IN THE BOX :
- Edge® 540 Solar: 010-02694-21.
- Supports (standard and front).
- USB-C cable.
- Physical dimensions: 57.8 x 85.1 x 19.6mm.
- Power Glass™ Solar Refill.
- Color screen.
- Screen size: 2.6 inches (66 mm) diagonal.
- Screen resolution (width by height): 246 x 322 pixels.
- Weight: 84.9g.
- Battery: Lithium-ion, rechargeable.
- Battery life*: 32 hours.
- Battery life in battery saving mode*: 60 hours.
Compatible with power supply (Garmin Charge battery).
- Ability to add cards.
- Base map: Garmin Cycle Map.
- Internal memory: 16 GB.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth®, ANT+®, Wi-Fi®.
- Compatibility with smartphones: iPhone®, Android™.
*Assumes continuous conditions of 75,000 lux during daytime riding.
- Barometric altimeter.
- Ambient light sensor.